Friday, April 8, 2011

Life is FULL of Surprises!

Surprise you're pregnant! No, not ME, silly... but I remember hearing those words many MANY years ago. My #2 son is turning 16 on Monday. SIXTEEN. I remember having my 20 year class reunion (I remember thinking at graduation that I would NEVER make it to a 20 year class reunion). Now, I have a 20 (almost 21 - the Sunday after #2 turns 16) year old KID! Ugh.

Surprise!!! My body doesn't work like it used to. It makes noises - almost every time I move. Goodness forbid I stop moving because then the trouble really begins. And I'm not even OLD! At least I don't think I'm old. My mind doesn't think I'm old.

I have had so little sleep that last three days that my homework and my kid's homework and various thoughts and days are running together. I'm exhausted. 3 weeks to go and I'm buried in homework... it takes me (literally) HOURS to do my math homework. I'm a slow math person... ok, seriously, I think there should be new definition named after me for SLOW... I get it, but I want to make sure I get it... so I triple check everything. So far, I have an A... but I'm behind. Scary behind.

In addition, I'd like to take a nap before I set out on the four hour road trip that is taking my daughter (ok, step-daughter) to her (biological) mother. It is a tedious trip that she would like to stop taking, but we force her to do it anyway. So, with the husband's new 2nd shift... the most sleep deprived person in the place gets to do all the driving - that's pure genius... don't ya think? SURPRISE!

Have a wonderful weekend full of surprises - may they be wonderful surprises, like a garden full of veggies or a kid that makes all A's... or maybe your body just moves without all the noise.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment