Saturday, January 29, 2011

Music still moves me...

I am 42 years old and music still moves me. It is the air that I breathe. It moves me to motion, it moves me to sing, and it simply moves me. When I hear a beautiful voice sing or an instrument being played, my spirits are immediately lifted. It is who I am and who I have always been. From the first song I wrote about a buffalo when I was 4 up and until this very moment. It is my first love, and though I adore my husband and my children, it has always been my constant love. When I don't sing or I don't play for a time, my heart sinks in to the depths of it... and only in that place can music bring me back in to the world. I am a 42 year old college student, with no hopes of ever doing anything with music... except loving it. So my first love, I am thankful you have never left me or forsaken me, never turned your back on me, or picked another before me. I have never had a moment that I can ever recall that has not had you in it. My entire life can be associated with songs. I am thankful that my instincts for it envelope me and feel blessed that I can predict what songs will hit the radio in sequential order after hearing an album once... it has been the most amazing journey watching some of my favorite artists become icons. When all seems lost, there is always music. It can explain how we feel, console our heartbreak, say the things that we cannot find the words to say. Music is my air and my water and my first love... and I am blessed having known it's kindness and for having it speak to me in ways that only another that loves it as much could possibly understand. I am thankful to know that there are still songs to be written by me... because I still have things to say that can only be said in a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment