Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Off to work she goes...

So, I quit Facebook again - a couple of weeks ago. I am invisible to the world once again. It's ok. The only six people I really talk to in the whole wide world, still email, text or call, and I am good with that. I was struggling to stay on top of my school work. Seriously - struggling.

I dropped Facebook like a hot rock and kazaham, things start rolling along. I am not caught up yet, but if I stay off Facebook, I will most certainly attain the sacred Dean's List. I want it. So bad, I can taste it.

I am also looking for a j.o.b. A part-time one, so that I may afford to purchase Christmas presents for all five of my very undeserving children (ha ha). For what would Christmas be without presents under the tree??? However, I wonder if I will get everything done? Last year, I was working for the greatest boss in the world. Seriously - Gosh, I miss her. I knew when clients started falling off and closing their doors that I would lose my little part time job but it made me feel good about myself and secure in myself. You would think a 42 year old lady with plenty of work experience behind her that has plunged head first back in to college and made the grades would be fearless, but I'm not.

I've done loads of home improvement jobs myself (with the hubs), and I am smart (just ask me), but man, finding part-time jobs is like pulling teeth. They want you - part time - they do. But they don't want to deal with your stinking school schedule and goodness forbid you have children (much less five of them) which may require you to juggle your schedule every now and then. But I have both those things, plus tests that need to be taken and a house that must be cleaned (daily) and laundry that must be done (daily) and Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, July 4th and St. Patrick's Day decorations that must be put out and then rounded back up and put away. Who will do that while I am working the "here I am at your mercy part-time job at Lowe's that requires you to be available at the drop of a hat" job? Just wondering...

I have done a few things myself or with my hubby... see.

I have taken a room that I didn't hate, but wasn't proud of...












and worked and worked and worked on it... and made the children work and work and work on it with me...

and made it something that feels like home... and I am proud of it. It might not look like much, but moving a gas line, building "built-ins", mounting a flat screen and giving desk space for homework... those aren't magical things that just happen... add laying floors and painting, and putting trim where trim did not exist before... well then you've got something.

1 comment: