Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday to me!

It is 5:34 p.m. on October 26, 2011. It is a quiet Wednesday evening. My hubby is working as usual and my kiddos have gone to Nana's for Wednesday dinner and church...and I am debating on what to do for myself for my birthday. A little internet Christmas shopping for the kids, dinner and movie by myself, or what I will probably do (what I do every single Wednesday evening) is homework.

Homework pays you back. Homework is the one thing that you can give 100% of yourself to, and you WILL see results. You can love it and double check it and consentrate great amounts of time on it and it will reward you with things like A's and B's and Dean's List honors and 3.75+ averages...children...not so much. I have loved my children tirelessly over the past several... how do you say all of their LIVES??? But they very rarely, if ever, remember my birthday. It's ok. I don't expect them too. They are kids, with lives and girlfriends/boyfriends, plans, homework, track meets, work out schedules, in other words... "important kid stuff" to do.

Still sometimes, it's nice to be remembered a little by the ones you gave birth to.

No comments:

Post a Comment