Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fate and such things...


You don't think much about fate and such things... until it pokes you in the eyeball.

I had a beautiful full blood (retired) Bloodhound, Red Sadie Lee. She was gorgeous and she was loyal, she was our protector, our mother hen, and our friend. Sadie got cancer. Sadie passed away and I swear sometimes I still hear her. She was the best dog I ever had. A true watch dog and she knew who was family and who wasn't. Who was good and who wasn't. Who she liked and who I didn't like... and she was brilliant.

We adopted Sadie after she retired and she immediately became a big (100 pound big) part of our family. She loved her family - unlike any dog I've ever owned. Protective of her pack. When Sadie passed, I emailed the folks that we adopted her from and let them know and asked that if ever they knew where I could find one of her puppies or if they had a line on puppies from one of her puppies that I wanted one. Or if ever they had one of her puppies returned - I would take it - no questions asked.

Well, I got the sweetest email back, with a "you won't believe this, but..." in it. They had received one of Sadie's puppies back out of her very last litter and they were keeping him and going to breed him with another hound they had. Of course, I knew it was fate (or maybe even Sadie, just making sure she could still keep an eye on us). Sarge and his new girlie pal, Lady Bird are being "mated" as we speak, so soon enough I will have one my best friend's grandbabies.

It might seem silly to those of you who have never had a pet that was actually part of the family... but for me - it is God (and Sadie) making sure that we are still protected and loved by the best batch of dogs ever made!

I can't wait to have a baby in the house... I can hardly wait at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment