Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Sense of Christmas...


Every year, since I was six, I can remember everyone saying, "Christmas seems to come earlier and earlier every year"... this year, was MY year. It was still Halloween and the Christmas decorations started creeping out on to store shelves. By Thanksgiving it was a full blown Christmas and the bird had been completely missed.

I did not even touch the spirit of Christmas until just days before Thanksgiving. But I could feel it in the air at that point. I knew it wasn't going to be a banner year for us, but I knew it was going to be a good year.

I love Christmas. I always have, but I have especially loved it since I had my two boys. Since their firsts Christmases, I wanted every Christmas to be memorable. Not all of them have been bad, but most of them have been memorable. I take great care in decorating my home. Love my tree and all my ornaments. I was blessed that most of my family left the Christmas decorations that belonged to my Great Grandmother and my Grandmother. I have several from them both along with the 2 or 3 (or 20) that I pick out each year to add to the tree.

For the past four years, my sweet husband has taken me to Cracker Barrell, right before or right after Christmas... I love their ornaments. I pick a few (or several), sometimes I go with my Mom too, which I love our once a year go and be girls day - we never get to do that - seriously - once a year... at any rate... I love my home, my children, my family and of course, Christmas.

I hope each of yours (not that anyone reads this) was magnificant... and I hope the new year brings you all great joy, peace, contentment and security. Let your faith be strong and unyielding.

There is more to come this year. I am a full time student, a 42 year old full time student, mother of five, wife of Mr. Wonderful, daughter and daughter-in-law to a great set of parents (his and mine)... and after 22 years of smoking, I quit in May of 2010, so I've got that anniversary coming up... but this year... is going to hold more for me than just those things... this year, I'm going to get back in to shape too... and I'm going to take you on my journey - however painful it may be (and I am sure that it will be).

Wii shall see what a wii and a few walking friends can do to a girl.

Not all my posts will be so long, but join me for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. We are on a very similar journey...okay, exactly the same journey :-) count me in!

    ReplyDelete