Sunday, January 9, 2011

3 Down Only 362 More to Go!

I am not the type of person that gets overly excited about things and then bombs out the next day. I stay somewhere in the middle most days. Today, the 9th, is really Day 4 for me, but it's a good day... or I'm trying to make it a good day.

The good news, yesterday I got a treadmill from one of my friends. I am excited about it really. I tried it out - just a little last night - and I think it's going to be wonderful.

The down side, I am kind of in a funk today. Not a giving up or giving in funk because after talking to my husband until 2:00 a.m. - I have realized the ONE thing about myself that maybe I never knew... I am strong. Not a little strong, but emotionally stable, I am talking about the - I made a decision and I am sticking with it, strong. Five years ago, I made a life choice to stop living my life one way and start living it another (the way I always wanted to) and I did that. I never looked back or decided that it couldn't be done - I just did it.

As you all know, this past May, I quit smoking. I decided to do it and I did it. I just did it and I never looked back.

I decided to stop cursing - it's coming along and I have come a long way, albeit my son has started calling my curse jar his college fund (I would imagine he would love to have it LMBO). Maybe that's a good idea for it truthfully.

Now, I am working on my health. I am realizing this too, is a life choice. A life changing one too. I am hoping that getting my body in to motion daily, will help me with other various things in my life.

I am a list maker, and I like to check things off once they are complete, but sometimes it takes FOREVER to complete them. I also am a morning person that has to stay up late because I have a 3rd shift working husband... I pray - daily - that he gets a spot on first shift soon, so that I can have a normal sleeping schedule. I get so little sleep, it is unreal sometimes.

I am in the process of making some other life changing choices or decisions... I'll keep you posted.

BTW, I'm down 3 pounds, in the 3 days... I hope that is a good thing. I don't feel it at all, so who knows, it could just be water... but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment