Sunday, February 1, 2015

Puppy Therapy!!

You may or may not believe it, but two classes and I am finished with my Environmental Science degree at T.C.U., but along with those two, I have begun the task of following that with a Geology degree also. Which means, I won't graduate now, until May, 2016 or maybe it's that summer. Whichever, is fine. These days when I find myself in a rut, I just walk outside, let the herd run and lay down in the grass with these little guys. Bloodhounds may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they sure fit me well. You'll never find a dog more curious, protective, loving, demonstrative, and with such personality. We adopted Sadie Lee, a retired breeder dog and search and rescue girl, then we fostered them for a while after we lost Sadie to cancer. So, we reached out to the folks that gave us Sadie and asked if there were any of her offspring around...it just so happened a couple of weeks before my email, one of her pups came back, and he quickly fathered a litter. We jumped at the chance to own another female bloodhound and decided that we wanted to keep one of Sadie's line - always. So, we got Bodie (or Big Bones Ichabod Bleu) and this year we had the first of what will be only two litters for Miss Izzabella Lee.

You can't be mad around a bloodhound. There's nothing better in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment